Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese is so in style as a result of it’s creamy, comforting, and a beautiful aspect dish for steak and rooster. This copycat mac and cheese recipe is at all times requested about and requested. It solely takes about half-hour to make at residence.
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Outback Mac and Cheese So Good?
Outback Steakhouse serves many unbelievable menu objects, so who would order the macaroni and cheese? Loads of folks. And why not, when it tastes this amazingly wealthy and creamy.
However should you don’t need to skip your tried and true favorites on the subsequent go to to the restaurant, attempt making this Outback macaroni and cheese recipe at residence.
Why This Recipe Is the One You Should Strive
In the case of selfmade mac n cheese recipes, you’ll be able to’t get any simpler than this copycat Outback mac and cheese. By utilizing Velveeta cheese as a substitute of the extra conventional shredded cheddar, you don’t want to fret about uneven melting. The creamy Velveeta cheese sauce is velvety and coats the pasta properly.
The heavy cream helps create the best consistency for this dish. Upon getting tried this recipe, you gained’t ever need to make boxed mac & cheese once more. One chunk and also you’ll style how good it’s!
Outback Steakhouse Mac A Roo and Cheese
When you’ve got ever been to the Outback Steakhouse with youngsters, you may have observed Mac A Roo and Cheese as one of many child’s menu objects. However why ought to youngsters have all the enjoyable? Once I order takeout, I’ll at all times add an order of Mac a Roo so I can have it at residence. It’s that good.
Outback Mac and Cheese Elements
To make steakhouse mac and cheese Outback fashion, you’ll want:
- Quick Pasta or Macaroni
- Velveeta Cheese
- Heavy Cream
That’s it! You’ll love this recipe as a lot as your youngsters do.
Penne, shells, elbow macaroni noodles, and rigatoni pasta are in style decisions, however you should utilize any quick pasta you favor.
It’s possible you’ll need to swap the heavy cream for half-and-half and even milk to save lots of on fats and energy.
Tips on how to Make Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
To make Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese:
- Deliver a big pot of salted water to a rolling boiling.
- Cook dinner the pasta in line with the bundle’s directions. It’s possible you’ll need to add 30 or 60 seconds to the cooking time since this recipe works finest when the pasta is somewhat softer than al dente.
- Whereas the pasta is cooking, chop the Velveeta into small cubes.
- Set a small saucepan over low warmth on the stovetop to heat.
- Add the Velveeta cheese cubes into the saucepan.
- Pour within the heavy cream.
- Stir or whisk constantly till the cheese absolutely melts.
- Drain the cooked pasta in a colander and return it to the massive pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to mix.
- Serve sizzling.
- Make sure you reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, preserve the warmth on low to forestall it from boiling or burning.
- Make an enormous batch of the Mac and Cheese as a result of it reheats properly for different meals.
In the case of customization, there are limitless potentialities for making this dish your personal. Get as wildly artistic as you need, however listed here are a few straightforward methods you’ll be able to adapt the fundamental recipe:
- When you’re ravenous, add somewhat meat to the recipe to make it a essential dish. You should use any precooked meat you may have readily available. Add some leftover bacon or sausages from breakfast or any additional chilly cuts within the fridge.
- Kick the flavour up a notch with a bit of additional seasoning. Scorching sauce and chili powder are choices. Or take your mac ‘n cheese in a brand new path with a few tablespoons of Pickapeppa or BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with Mac and Cheese
This Outback mac and cheese recipe works as each a aspect and the primary course. Pair with fried rooster or grilled meat for a hearty meal, or get pleasure from with a aspect salad or steamed vegetable for one thing somewhat lighter
Leftover Mac and Cheese Recipe
Are you questioning what to do with leftover Outback macaroni and cheese? Strive making Fried Tacky Mac Patties:
- Kind the chilly mac and cheese into hamburger-sized patties and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Put the tray within the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Dip the semi-frozen mac and cheese patties in an egg wash after which coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry in 375°F oil till golden brown, a couple of minute per aspect.
- Serve together with your favourite pasta sauce.
Tips on how to Retailer Mac and Cheese
You’ll be able to preserve Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. If you wish to put it aside for longer, attempt freezing leftovers for as much as three months.
A very good trace is placing the mac and cheese in a single-serving microwavable container after which wrapping effectively in plastic and aluminum foil. Doing it will make the macaroni and cheese a lot simpler to reheat.
Tips on how to Reheat Mac and Cheese
The simplest option to reheat this macaroni and cheese is within the microwave.
Add a splash of milk to the thawed mac and cheese and stir. Cowl with a paper towel and warmth on HIGH for 60 seconds. Stir and test the temperature. If the mac n cheese isn’t heat sufficient, warmth for one more 30 seconds, and repeat as crucial.
Do you like Outback Steakhouse? Make your favorites at residence!
Make sure you try these copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes that style similar to they do on the restaurant.
Extra Tacky Aspect Dish Recipes
As a result of everybody loves cheese!
Check out extra of my copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes and simple aspect dish recipes too.
What do you prefer to eat together with your Mac ‘N Cheese? Tell us within the feedback beneath.
Did you make this recipe? Share it and keep in mind to tag us on Instagram.
Join our publication beneath so that you don’t miss any copycat recipes!
Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
You can also make Outback mac and cheese at residence with this straightforward copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 8 ounce Velveeta cheese reduce into small items
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Cook dinner pasta in line with bundle instructions.
Lower the Velveeta into small cubes so it will possibly soften simply.
In a small saucepan, mix cubed Velveeta cheese and heavy cream.
Flip the warmth to low. Cook dinner and stir till all of the cheese is melted.
Cut back the warmth to simmer till you might be prepared to mix with the pasta.
As soon as pasta is completed, drain and pour it again into the pot the place it was cooked.
Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Be sure to reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, preserve the warmth on low. You’ll not need this to boil or burn.
- Make an enormous batch of the mac and cheese – it can by no means go to waste and it re-heats properly for different meals.
Energy: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 0.5mg