This recipe combines two of the most effective recipes on The Rose Desk – my killer alfredo sauce (which takes about ten minutes to make) and my excellent grilled rooster – topped with feta cheese and recent oregano. This can be a excellent summer time dish in my ebook; it’s fast to make and it doesn’t warmth up the home!
You’ll need to grill the rooster first whenever you begin cooking the pasta. I like to chop rooster breasts into cutlets and season either side with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, and dried oregano, then I drizzle olive oil on prime and rub in all of the spices. Rooster seems completely each time! For a full tutorial, learn this text.
When you’ve acquired your pasta cooked and rooster grilled, you’re minutes away from a connoisseur dinner! My alfredo sauce solely takes a couple of minutes to make. It’s the right mix of garlic, cream, gruyere, and parmesan. I apprehensive that the feta would overwhelm the dish however it enhances it so superbly!
That is a kind of dishes the place everybody on the desk simply nods silently at one another throughout dinner as a result of it’s simply too scrumptious to talk. The recent oregano actually provides quite a bit to this dish. It lightens it up fairly a bit. I believed this combo can be good however it actually exceeded my expectations. I’ll make this time and again!
Greek Rooster Alfredo
2 boneless skinless rooster breasts (plus paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, dried oregano, and olive oil)
1 pound pasta
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
4 oz feta cheese block
4 oregano sprigs, chopped
- To grill the rooster breast: Preheat a charcoal or fuel grill to about 350-375 levels. Set your palm on every rooster breast and punctiliously run a knife via the middle parallel to your hand to slice every breast in half for 4 thinner, quicker cooking cutlets. Season rooster properly on either side with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano or dried thyme, sea salt, and freshly floor pepper. Drizzle cutlets with olive oil on either side, rubbing the olive oil and spices in. Grill cutlets for five minutes per facet or till inside temperature reaches 165 levels. Cowl with foil whilst you make the alfredo sauce.
- Boil a pot of salted water over excessive warmth. Add pasta and prepare dinner in keeping with package deal instructions.
- Whereas pasta is boiling, soften one stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter in a big sauce pan or skillet with minced garlic over low warmth. Add heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper, and whisk till uniform in colour.
- Add parmesan and grayed gruyere and whisk over low warmth till tacky is totally melted. (Be affected person!)
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and stir to rigorously coat the noodles with the sauce. Divide pasta into 4 bowls, then slice the rooster breast and fan the slices on prime. Crumble feta cheese on prime and sprinkle with recent oregano.