Even cake haters (sure, they exist) love this tremendous buttery chocolate chip bundt cake! Loaded with mini chocolate chips and topped with a wealthy chocolate glaze, it’s excellent for dessert or as a day snack.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Recipe
Of all of my favourite baking pans, it’s the standard bundt cake pan that’s my MVP!
I bake extra bundt muffins than layer muffins as a result of they’re simply SO straightforward. Merely scrape the cake batter into the pan, bake the cake, and enhance with a frosting or glaze. No fussy layering or processional cake baking expertise required!
And immediately’s new recipe for chocolate chip bundt cake is SURE to be in heavy rotation year-round. Extremely buttery and dense (like pound cake) this bundt is exploding with mini chocolate chips and loads of vanilla extract for further taste! Let’s get baking!
Chocolate Chip Bundt Substances
- All-purpose Flour: for greatest outcomes, that is the one flour I can suggest utilizing. Nut or oat flours will NOT work right here.
- Baking Powder: Be certain your baking powder is recent and DO NOT substitute baking soda as a substitute.
- Salt: A small quantity of salt is important to steadiness sweetness and improve flavors.
- Cinnamon: Provides a refined spice with out overwhelming. And actually compliments the chocolate.
- Nutmeg: Ditto to what I mentioned above. Floor nutmeg works nice, however you probably have recent nutmeg, be happy to make use of it. Simply don’t use greater than the quantity known as for.
- Butter: Unsalted butter works greatest right here, and remember to convey it to room temperature earlier than including it to the batter.
- Cream Cheese: Brick-style cream cheese works greatest for this recipe. Make sure that to make use of full-fat and produce it to room temperature earlier than use.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens our cake. Brown sugar shouldn’t be substituted; it would add further moisture which might trigger stability points and darken the general coloration of the cake.
- Vanilla Extract: At all times use actual vanilla extract, not imitation or essence. I do know vanilla is pricey however actual is all the time value it. Purchase a giant bottle like this (affiliate hyperlink) to avoid wasting $ in the long term!
- Almond Extract: I’m a giant fan of the refined taste almond extract provides, however it’s possible you’ll omit this ingredient if desired.
- Eggs: You’ll want to use giant eggs and produce them to room temperature earlier than use. You’ll need to add the eggs one after the other to attain the right batter consistency.
- Bitter Cream: Should you can’t discover bitter cream, sub full-fat Greek yogurt or milk.
- Oil: Canola oil, vegetable oil, or refined coconut oil all work right here. If utilizing coconut oil, remember to heat it till it’s liquified and let it cool barely.
- Chocolate Chips: I like these mini chocolate chips, however common sized chocolate chips may even work. The pockets of chocolate will simply be barely bigger (by no means a nasty factor) and extra chocolate chips would possibly accumulate close to the underside of the cake since they’re heavier than minis.
Make that Shiny Glaze
To make the gorgeously shiny chocolate glaze you see in these images, you’ll want:
- Bittersweet chocolate: Very finely chopped works greatest as a result of it’ll soften quick and evenly. Don’t use chocolate chips.
- Heavy Cream: AKA whipping cream! Don’t sub milk and even half and half.
- Mild Corn Syrup: This ingredient is completely non-obligatory however will give your chocolate glaze a beautiful shine. Should you’d reasonably not use it, that’s fantastic. Your glaze will nonetheless be scrumptious!
Bundt Cake Pan Fundamentals
- Sure, you undoubtedly want a Bundt Cake pan for this recipe. I don’t counsel utilizing this recipe for cupcakes, layer muffins, or sheet muffins.
- The very best and best strategy to prep a Bundt Cake pan is to GENEROUSLY spray it with a nonstick baking spray. My two favorites? Baker’s Joy and PAM Baking Spray. You’ll want to spray each nook and cranny!
- To verify doneness, you’ll use the toothpick technique. If a toothpick inserted within the heart of the bundt cake comes out clear, it’s able to go!
- As soon as the cake is completed baking, you’ll need to cool it within the pan on high of a cooling rack for quarter-hour. Then invert the cake onto a separate cooling rack to chill utterly to room temperature.
- Should you flip at quarter-hour and the Bundt Cake doesn’t simply launch from the pan, flip it again over and let it cool for an additional 5 minutes, then attempt once more.
Freezing a Bundt Cake
I’ve had nice success freezing this cake! Right here’s what it’s best to do:
- Bake the cake as directed.
- Cool utterly.
- Wrap the complete cake in plastic wrap.
- Then wrap the cake is serval layers of aluminum foil.
- Place on a flat, protected floor in your freezer.
- Freeze for as much as 2 months!
- Thaw, wrapped, within the fridge, for at the least 8 hours earlier than you intend on serving.
I personally suggest freezing this cake unglazed, then including the glaze proper earlier than you intend on serving.
Extra Bundt Cake Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Even cake haters (sure, they exist) love this tremendous buttery chocolate chip bundt cake! Loaded with mini chocolate chips and topped with a wealthy chocolate glaze, it is excellent for dessert or as a day snack.
For the Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake:
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 8 ounce brick (227g) cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups (398g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (14ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract non-obligatory
- 5 giant eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup (76g) bitter cream room temperature
- 1/3 cup (76ml) impartial oil similar to canola, vegetable, or liquified refined coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups (8 ounces) mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 4 ounces (113g) bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (113ml) heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup non-obligatory
For the Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake:
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg collectively till properly mixed. Put aside till wanted.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a big bowl utilizing a handheld electrical mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium velocity till easy and creamy, about 1 minute.
Steadily add within the sugar, then improve the velocity to medium-high and proceed beating till mild and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat within the vanilla and almond extracts.
Cut back the velocity to medium-low, then add within the eggs, one after the other, beating properly after every addition, and scraping down the edges of the bowl as wanted. Beat within the bitter cream and oil.
Cut back the velocity to low and add within the flour combination, mixing simply till mixed. Lastly, fold within the chocolate chips.
Generously grease a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan, being positive to coat all the nooks and crannies. I counsel utilizing a non-stick baking spray that has flour in it. Scrape the batter into the ready pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or till the cake is golden brown AND a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clear.
Permit the cake to chill within the pan, set on a wire rack, for 10 to fifteen minutes. Then invert the cake onto the rack and funky utterly, about 2 to 2 and ½ hours
For the Chocolate Glaze:
Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a small heatproof bowl. Put aside.
Heat the cream over medium warmth till it involves a boil. Take away from warmth and pour the recent cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 1 minute, then whisk till easy. Whisk within the corn syrup (if utilizing).
Slowly spoon the glaze over the cake, letting it drip down the edges. Permit the glaze to set for at the least 20 minutes earlier than slicing and serving!